Prepare for your fitting:
- Please ensure to thoroughly wash and cleanse your hair before coming for your fitting, it is advisable to use a clarifying shampoo to completely remove any styling products or residue remaining in your hair. Do not use conditioner.
- Try to come with your hair free from any styling products and straightened, this makes it clearer to see when applying the bonds.
- To have hair extensions, your hair should be a minimum of 3-4 inches in length, just about long enough to put into a ponytail. Ideally, the longer your hair, the easier to integrate. However, shorter lengths can be done. All I really need is enough hair to be able to hold onto, to add hair. If your hair is too short, then going any longer than 16 inches may not be advisable.
- It is strongly advised that you don’t wash your hair for 24 hours after having your hair extensions fitted, this is because the bonds need time to set to avoid hair shedding from the bonds in the future.
- Always use a shampoo and conditioner recommended for hair extensions only, this is because normal high street brands contain silicone based ingredients which will cause the bonds to weaken and soften. It is necessary to condition the extension hair from mid length to ends to keep it in optimum condition, it is vital however that you do not get conditioner on the actual bonds as they will get very weak and will disintegrate. To purchase the shampoo and conditioner please contact us
- Remember to always take good care of your hair, gently dry it and do not take any shortcuts when caring for it. Hair extensions last longer and look better when taken proper care of. It is important to use a hair extension brush, this is because normal brushes with balls on the end can rip and break the hair.
- It is advisable to put your hair into a loose plait or ponytail when sleeping with a soft scrunchie, this will minimise tangling and knotting when you sleep.
- You can style your hair extensions just as you would with your normal hair, you can straighten, curl, blow-dry, dye, crimp and cut them because they are human hair, just take care to ensure that you don’t continually bleach them because they may start to look dry.
- It is strongly advised that you have a maintenance appointment halfway during your extension period e.g. 6-7 weeks. This will allow us to look at your hair to see how you are getting along with the extensions and to remove and replace any loosened bonds to ensure that you can keep your extensions on for longer. If you don’t come in for maintenance, we cannot be help responsible for any damage caused to your hair, as it is your responsibility to look after them properly using our aftercare guide for advice. It is possible for you to re-use the extension hair and have a full fitting again at a reduced price.
- Hair extensions should be kept in for no longer than 3-4 months at a time, this is because when they grow out too long, it is easy for them to become matted. Removal is completely safe and does no damage to your own hair; proper hair extension removal should be pain free with no tugging or pulling at your own hair involved. We use keratin glue which is derived from natural products and the solution that we use removes them almost instantly whereby the bond just breaks down and slides out of the hair.
- You may find that immediately after having your hair extensions fitted, they may feel uncomfortable when sleeping where the bonds have been attached, this usually disappears after a day or so and you will hardly notice them.
- To have hair extensions, you must be willing to take care of them properly, they need careful washing, conditioning, brushing and straightening to avoid any damage. We cannot stress enough the importance of looking after them, if you feel that you need any aftercare advice please do not hesitate to contact us at any point and we will be happy to help and/or resolve any issues you may have.